[A83] Re: Learning ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Learning ASM

Feel free to instant message me (AIM): caffeine43
I'm usually online while running my system idle process...

Another option besides TASM is ZDS, Zilog Developer Studio. Although if you
want to make games and stuff, programming for ION using TASM would be better I
guess. I personally just use ZDS to make regular 83+ ASM programs that don't
use shells....not really games either. I do a lot of GUI stuff.

On another note, definitely become familiar with the TI83+ SDK Developer's
Guide. Become familiar with the stack, VAT, and RAM. The ROM calls in there,
while many people shun them because they can be sluggish, can be extremely
helpful. For example, if you were programming a regular ASM program and wanted
to print a picture on the screen, you could either write your own picture
routine or use B_CALL DisplayImage. Also, I think all of the mathematical
functions available on the calculator are available as ROM calls.

Tom