[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

> Basically, the only reason I would rather not clear the RAM or ROM of my
calculator is because I would then have to spend five minutes reorganizing
the programs in MirageOS.  How does MirageOS 'remember' which folder each
program is in?  Should I move the programs from folder to folder when they
are in RAM or something to avoid having to do it every time my calc will
crash?

...Yes, the technical problem is that when you modify a program that's
archived (IE. move it to another folder), only the VAT entry of the program
that's in RAM is updated.  The VAT in archive, which is what's used for
restoration when the calculator crashes, retains the old data.  So, as you
said, the solution is to move programs when they're in RAM.  You can archive
them aftewards.

> By the way, did TI allow the 83+ to crash like at the first sign of any
danger?  (Because in case of a reset, everything in the archive will be
saved, unlike an 86, which doesn't have Flash ROM?)

...The 83 Plus will often crash "at the first sign of danger" because of the
8.8k limitation.  When code crashes, random stuff is executed, and this may
very well be in the restricted area, causing the calculator to reset.

Hope this helps,
-Dan Englender

Follow-Ups: References: