[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

 >Basically, the only reason I would rather not clear the RAM or ROM of my
calculator is >because I would then have to spend five minutes reorganizing
the programs in MirageOS. >How does MirageOS 'remember' which folder each
program is in? Should I move the >programs from folder to folder when they
are in RAM or something to avoid having to do it >every time my calc will
crash?

Correct me anyone if I am wrong, but I think that your password, folders,
options, blah, blah, blah are stored in the appvar "MirageOS".  It's really
small.  Put it in a group or load it onto your computer if you need a
backup.  >By the way, did TI allow the 83+ to crash like at the first sign
ofany danger? (Because in case of a reset, everything in the archive will be
saved, unlike an 86, which doesn't have Flash ROM?)   I'm not sure exactly
what you mean but...   Everything in your archive isn't lost at a crash
because it's flash - different memory than RAM.  If your calc crashed
*reallybad*, you'd loose everything, and you'd probably have to re-load the
OS.  But when it crashes normaly (i.e "RAM cleared"), your archive won't be
erased.  The 86 only has RAM.  So, yes, when the 86 crashes, you lose
everything.   Did this answer your question?   --Joel