[A83] Re: PolySmlt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: PolySmlt

Actually, no, the SE's processor will run at either 6 or 15 MHZ.  For
compatibility reasons, applications and assembly programs run at 6 MHZ by
default.  There is a system flag that, if set, will cause all apps and
assembly programs to run at 15 MHZ by default instead.

Applications that wish to run at 15 MHZ may either set a header entry
indicating this (as detailed by the 83P SE Dev Guide addendum, or probably
in the new version of the SDK guide as well), or use the entry point
SetExSpeed (available on 1.13 and higher) that sets the CPU speed.  If you
want to do it directly, the CPU speed port is port 20h (0 = 6 MHZ, 1 = 15
MHZ), but it's probably a "better" idea to use the approved system methods.

-Dan Englender