[A83] Re: VoyageT_200 [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: VoyageT_200 [OT]

> These guidelines maintain quality, and assure that things
work together.
> With RedHat, you end up hunting around for RPM's, and go
through "version
> hell".  Try to install one package, and it needs a
different version of
> another, which is already installed, and so on.  With
Debian, you have just
> one command, apt-get, that automatically takes care of
everything for you,
> correctly.

I just went through a little experiment, and installed
loads of 2.4.19 packages on a 2.0.36 (a difference of two
years!). Even with a conflict between glibc5 and glibc6 :)
I could get over it within an hour. It's a very flexible
system indeed.

PG