[A83] Re: XP [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: XP [OT]

I've been using XP since May (betas) and I haven't faced a total system
crash yet. Once, I cut the power in the middle of hibernation and when I
turned the PC on, there was an error message starting like this "We
apologize for the inconvenience..." There was a problem with the hrad
drive as a result of interrupting hibernation and this was the only
problem I got with XP. I needed to format the hard drive. However, I tried
the same thing in Windows 2000 and this time Windows was able to fix this
hard drive problem. I never understood why XP didn't have this, whereas
Windows 2000 had. I still continue to use XP, though. It's more stbale
than any other Windows version.
I never had a chance to use Linux throughly except WinLinux, but I would
prefer to use Mac, if I had a choice between two.

--- Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org> wrote:
> I've heard of a commercial running in Holland which said XP is very good
> in
> recovering crashes. Now *that* I call tactic. Instead of making a stable
> OS,
> they try one to believe crashes are part of daily life and that XP is
> pretty
> good at fixing them, where other OSs aren't (because they almost never
> crash, but that they don't say of course).

=====
Discuss anything about TI Graphing Calculators - http://www.ti-programmers.com
Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.
Beyin: onu kullanarak düşündüğümüzü düşündüğümüz bir alet.
  -Ambrose Bierce