[A83] Re: _getKey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: _getKey

> Van: Thomas Lutz <tlutz@stevens-tech.edu>
>
> No it doesn't wait, so you have to make a loop.
>
> For example:
>
> 	Xor a
> KeyLoop:

	HALT ;Useless to do it faster than this...

> 	B_CALL GetCSC
> 	Or a
> 	Jr z,KeyLoop

You might also consider just 'manualy' reading the memory areas that code
for the keys (as far as I know _getCSC just does that for you). The
system-interrupt updates these memory areas every time.

[#### $$$$ desc]
 Byte 8000 kbdKey      - Last key pressed
 Byte 8001 kbdGetKy    - Translated scancode of key currently pressed
 Byte 8002 keyExtend   - Same as 8001, but FFh if more than one key is
pressed

> At the end of this loop, the accumulator contains the value for the
> keypress. I believe all of them begin with 'sk'. For example, "skenter",
> "skgraph", "sktrace". This routine does not allow you to access system
> menus.

What key-checking-routine does this then?

	Henk Poley <><