[A83] Re: RST Command

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: RST Command

> RST are relatively small, and the overhead of a bcall (?
how many clocks?)
I would also like to know this, although I tend to avoid
using romcalls. :)

> Why not? Are those so different? As far as I know only
rst 28h (hence, it's
> bcall itself) is different.
As far as I know, rst N and call N are the same if N is a
valid rst value, if we forget about the differences in time
and size. And as these rst's are equivalent to certain
romcalls, I thought they work the same way, i. e. rst N on
the 83+ should be substituted with bcall(N).

Well, you are right in the sense that rst's themselves are
not romcalls but things identical to some romcalls in
functionality. The question (someone please answer it here,
because I don't know!) is whether you can use simple calls
to the rst values on the 83+ or you must use bcalls for
everything outside the RAM. If it's possible, then these
calls can be substituted.

PG