[A83] Re: Getting lost RAM back

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Getting lost RAM back

> Van: tlutz@stevens-tech.edu
>
> My problem isn't with the GetKey ROM call, although thank you for the
> information, because I may use it in the near future...
>
> My question is how to fix a memory leak, not how to prevent it...If
> anyone has more info, please share! Thanks!

Ehm, there are a bunch of pointer that describe the memory layout:

<<low:
     $9D95    userMem ($9D95 for the Ti83+, and $9237 for the Ti83-)
       ¦
       ¦ ..vars here..
     (fpBase) is fp-stack
       ¦
       ¦
     (FPS) - 1 is end of fp-stack
       .
       .  (OPS)-(FPS)+1 is free mem
       .
     (OPS) + 1 is end of Operator Stack
       ^
       ¦
       ¦
     (pTemp) is Operator Stack (working down)
     (pTemp) - 1 is end of symTable
       ^
       ¦
       ¦
     (ProgPtr) is program/list/appvar/group part of VAT (working down)
       ^
       ¦
       ¦
     $FE66    symTable        - Start of VAT (grows down)
<<high:

You could check if everything mentioned in the VAT is correct, if the files
fit inside the filestack and that they don't overlap.

NB: I always thought that there are two filestacks, but that seems to be
incorrect...

	Henk Poley <><