[A83] Re: Would you use a shell... (83-)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Would you use a shell... (83-)

> Van: Dan Weiss <dwedit@hotmail.com>
>
> >Would you use a shell that can run:
> >- Ion
> >- Sos compatible
> >- Zes, with(out) kernel
> >- Venus1, when kernel provided
>
> Forget Venus1, only 3 programs exist for it: Old Ztris, old
> bubblebobble, and a hacked version of mineseeker sitting on my C drive.

I've got some too and the z88dk supports Vn1...

I do see the point of libraries being a hassle, but sometimes it can be
helpfull. Btw, I could always chose only to detect Vn1 files, and handle
them as being Basic, you would need the Vn1 kernel to run the programs.

> >- Venus2, kernel needed for the shell, btw
> >- Basic programs

What about description strings for Basic programs?

> >All in one. I hope the size will be below 3kb, else it is pretty doomed
> >anyways. Ionlibs are about 450 bytes, I already have a shell-checker á
> >130 bytes, and most parts of the loader can be recycled, so I think it
> >will be possible.
>
> Note that ionlibs and soslibs overlap, and only 2 sos libs are really
> used: ZGFXL and ZLIB.  ZINPUT is only used by Fighter Jets, and that
> game+ZINPUT was big and bloated.

I'll take a look. Options:
- Full Sos support
- Only support non-lib Sos files (Ashell alike)
- Fake ZGFXL and ZLIB
- Use Zes for loading Sos (Zes, Vn1 and Vn2 on your calc "kernelpanic" ;-)

Hmm, I think I should make Lite and Full versions...

	Henk Poley <><