[A83] Would you use a shell... (83-)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Would you use a shell... (83-)

Would you use a shell that can run:
- Ion
- Sos compatible
- Zes, with(out) kernel
- Venus1, when kernel provided
- Venus2, kernel needed for the shell, btw
- Basic programs

All in one. I hope the size will be below 3kb, else it is pretty doomed
anyways. Ionlibs are about 450 bytes, I already have a shell-checker á 130
bytes, and most parts of the loader can be recycled, so I think it will be
possible.

Uhm, and did I mention that it will be more stable? Aka, a program-crash is
less likely to cause a total crash (like with Sos/Ion). Although it might
be that some Sos programs don't like this, since that shell corrupts the
VAT (temporarily). I don't know how Sos programs normaly correct this, when
using external levels.

Question: Sos libraries, where could these be placed best in the
filestack(s)?

	Henk Poley <><

NB: Might take some time...