[A83] Re: call vs. bcall()

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: call vs. bcall()

At 10:18 PM 12/23/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>>First of all...
>>
>>Bjump is 2 bytes larger than bcall.
>>bjump = call $0050 \ .dw xxxx
>>
>>also, bjump resets the stack pointer, and does other stuff like that.  It
>>puts the calc into a state where it can safely return from an app.
>
>That sounds nice... But is my logic of "the last instruction of the actual
>call is always 'ret', so if I jump (even bjump) to it is exactly the same,
>it doesn't matter where the actual 'ret' is executed" ? I know that it's
>alright with a regular Ti-83, but what about the layout of the 83+'s
>system that prevents this kinda usage?
>
>Or doesn't anybody care or just don't know what it really does... ?

A bjump is not a jump.  It is a part of the process of quitting an
app.  You can use the jp to quit thing for anything on an 83-, or to exit
after running a user routine on 83x.  Further, the end of the os routines
on the 83+ most likely contain some kind of b_ret, to get back to your
program after the pages have been messed with.