[A83] Re: Fwd: RE: TI-OS replacement

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Fwd: RE: TI-OS replacement

My clarifications are commented…
----
>I asked TI for clarification. Can anybody understand/clarify this response?
>Are there really already alternative OSes?

;Auto greeting, created by the mail server

>Currently there is no prohibition against writing any form of software as long as it does >not infringe on someone else's copyright and does not violate United States law.
;You can do whatever you want as long as you don’t piss us off.

>Several alternative Operating Systems located on other Third-Party websites are prime >examples of this.
;We haven’t gotten around to suing them yet.

>I hope you find this information helpful. If you have further questions or comments >please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Please copy this message in your >response and send directly to ti-cares@ti.com for faster service on replies.
;Please F-off and never bother us again!

>Regards,

>Josh Brown
;nah, the guy probably didn’t mean to be that mean, but TI’s legal department does...
----
So, yes, there are alternate OS’s...  Apparently people have made them.  They can apparently be made and distributed as long as they don’t infringe on TI’s copyright…  But the only problem is that they probably copyrighted the word “the.”  (Chances are that creating an OS would violate ti’s copyrights, because they already copyrighted the original OS...  You’d have to retool the thing basically…)