From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of Gavin Olson
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 9:12 PM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Stupid Idea?

At 08:29 PM 12/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>oh just a couple pounds of hardware... a BIG ass battery... still
>portable... kinda... would be a cool project to work on at least
>
>brandon sterner

It would be like a link system to the better part of a Palm.  You need a

communication system from the calc to the device, then this IDE or
PCMCIA
controller, and a fast system to do indexing and maintain a file
system.  The file system data, once developed by the fast system, would
have to be transmitted compressed across the link port.  You might look
at
the PSX memory card interface that was developed by a guy at ticalc
awhile
back.  It was mostly complete, and one guy actually built one into his
calc.  Supposed to be pretty sweet, its in the news archive.

Follow-Ups: References: