[A83] Re: DS Thread Extended onto this list

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:29 PM 12/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Pardon my ignorance in these things, but wouldn't making a modded OS be as
>simple as disassembling the .8xu, changing some stuff around and fixing
>whatever checksum it might have?

Yeah.  The checksum.  THAT's the hard part.  Do you have a few months of
computer time to crunch the encryption key?  You can mod the 8xu all you
want, and even load it into VTI (See, to emulate the restriction, you'd
have to know how to check for it, thus how to break it . . . ) but when it
comes time to do the flash of the calc, it no work.

Follow-Ups: References: