[A83] Re: Color Calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Color Calculators

In a message dated 12/8/2002 12:20:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, gtolson@comcast.net writes:

At 11:50 AM 12/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Its a test state for the screen.  That command makes a random row go
blue.  This effect fades over time.  There is no known way to target a
row or to limit
the effect.  There is also no known way to clear it, as the screen maintains
the line even with batteries pulled.

There is a way to clear it, outputting a certain value, IIRC 18h to port 10.

so wait...  1C to port 10 makes a random row glow blue, and 18 to port 10
stops the effect?

Yeah, I forgot about that biyt . . . se, its a bit hard to put that into
CalcSys if you don't see the screen . . . I only did it twice, so I never
bothered to memorize the key sequence to get out.  I just ganked battereis
and reset.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it really doesn't seem to work (through calcsys) on the silver... 1C to port 10 just turns the stupid thing off, and clears the ram half the time when you take out the batteries...