[A83] Re: Silver edition linkport

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Silver edition linkport

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:54:14 -0600
"Dan Weiss" <dwedit@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How do you directly send and recieve bytes on the TI83+SE?  (without
> using romcalls)

To receive a byte, you check port 09h. What bits exactly I don't
remember, but it's in the sdk docs. If there's a byte it's in port 0Ah.

Sending a byte is done by outputting it to port 0Dh.

You probably also have to check for errors, which is most likely done
through port 09h. You'll have to check the rom routines for that though.

There's also a way to disable the link assist by setting bit 7 of port
08h, but as far as I know it hasn't been tested yet whether it allows
one to manipulate the lines directly.

--
"Life without you is like a broken pencil... pointless" - Blackadder