[A83] Re: Linux compiling

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Linux compiling

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 23:44, steve wrote:

> Hi, everyone!  I just converted to Linux (running Mandrake 8.2 with
> Blackbox, really didn't care for KDE or Gnome)
>
> Moving on, I want to be able to compile ASM files and APPS on Linux
> box... I'm pretty sure it was Hyperbyte that got the 0104 key ported to
> Linux, but what compiler should I use?

You might also try tpasm, an open-source assembler which also supports
the Z80 cpu the TI 82, 83, 83+ and so on use. it works slightly
different from tasm (and one some points it is more powerful), but at
least you don't need an ancient libc and so on. you will need to compile
it from source code yourself though, because i haven't found binaries
anywhere.

I had been working on a set of tpasm-based linking tools a while ago,
but the output it produces, using "-o intel outfile" is just the common
intel output format tasm can also produce, so it's quite compatible to
other linkers.

either way, the program used to be available at www.sqrt.com, but that
website seems to be down right now, but I guess there are a few places
at which it's still available, but if it's really nessecary i can send
you the source package.

meilof