From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Lutz
Sent: 10 April 2002 22:42
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Symbolic...

What's IB?

-----Original Message-----
From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of Patai Gergely
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 5:18 PM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org

> I write programs to do things, at first to not have to
spend time on them,
> bu t then end up learing how to dothe thing better
because the program was
> a bear to write.  Perhaps teachers should /require/
students to write a
> program to perform functions.

Actually, still referring to IB, it's in practice
impossible to pass the final exam in maths if you don't
have the appropriate programs on your calculator, simply
because you won't have the time to finish. (Things like
distance between a point and a line, intersection of two
planes etc.) But that's also true that you can't expect the
students to learn asm - and symbolic would be a beast to
write in pure basic. Does the TI-Basic actually have
anything similar to the ancient MID$ function? Because only
that would make this possible (although I'm not really
convinced that such a program could fit in the RAM).

PG

Follow-Ups: References: