[A83] General programming questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] General programming questions

If I understand it right, assembly programming is processor-specific, that
is, every processor has got it's own set of instructions.
I can see how this relates to what we are doing, but how does this work on
PC's, since there are obviously a lot of different processors??

A while ago there was this subject on this list about the z80, and how it is
used in different computers, and I remember that someone said that the
GameBoy missed the index register's and other things.

Was this because this was a RISC processor, or does that relate to other
things??
The original gameboy had a clockspeed of 1 MHz and the colour version 2Mhz
(I think...) , but seemed to be relativly fast, and this is a characteristic
of a RISC processor, right, having a relativly low clock speed but being
very fast because it has fewer instructions?