[A83] Re: C(++) programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: C(++) programming

Hi!

> int main() defines the return type of main().

right. int is the return type of the function main().

> THe thing is, main() has to be type int.

wrong, you can also have a main function like this: void main();
then you won't find "return" in the main function.

> the return 0; means that if you call main(), you get 0 as a
> result (a=main(), a will be 0).  You can use this to return stuff to batch
> files, I think.  Its like END SUB in basic.

you can never call main as far as i know! so a = main(); would be impossible
because main is not a standard function.

bye,
andi

Follow-Ups: References: