[A83] Help! tasm error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Help! tasm error

I'm making a game and I'm using TASM to assemble it.  I got pretty far with
no errors.  I've been using free ram for variable storage i.e.

temp		equ	$86ec
explosionsprites	equ	temp+6
powerupsprites	equ	explosionsprites+(5*16)
ship_y		equ	powerupsprites+2*((2*4)*8)
ship_x		equ	ship_y+1
shields		equ	ship_X+1
health		equ	shields+1
shotready  equ	health+1
weapon		equ	shotready+1
flipflop	equ	weapon+1
changetimer	equ	flipflop+1
level		equ	changetimer+1
enemyrate	equ	level+1
pending_damage	equ	enemyrate+1
lives		equ	pending_damage+1
special		equ	lives+1

It assembled fine until now.  I didn't change anything with the equates,
but now I get a bunch of errors that say "Unused data in MS byte of
argument. (21)" whenever I try to access the memory like ld a,(level) or
something.  It's like the labels aren't there.. but it worked for a long
time before this.  I tried downloading tasm again.. didn't work.  How do I
fix this?

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com