[A83] Re: storing op1 to list [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: storing op1 to list [OT]

Sure!  The CPU on that machine is fine.  If you have at least 16-32 megs of
ram, then you should be able to get Linux and XFree86 running on there just
fine, if you go with a light window manager like Blackbox (my personal
favorite, because it is light, fast and looks cool).  That hard drive is a
bit small, but should be adequate if you are careful about what packages you
install.  I have a P133 laptop with 32megs of ram (1 gig hd) that runs Linux
just fine.  It only runs essential services, so if I remember correctly, it
only takes about 2 megs after booting.  I recommend using a distribution
like Debian that lets you pick what you want to install, and makes it easy
to see what is installed, instead of blindly installing lots of things it
thinks you might want.

If you are running Windows on there and can't change it, or don't want to
change it, then yes, it will work fine.  Install IE on there, and it should
work just fine.  Computers of those specifications were common five years
ago, and many people still use computers like that.