[A83] Re: LCD update freq and working with 16bit numbers on the Z80

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: LCD update freq and working with 16bit numbers on the Z80

>what about:
>
>	;push	bc	; BC can also be DE
>	ld	bc,-12
>	add	hl,bc
>	;pop	bc

Argh.. do I feel like an idiot now. Ofcourse that is the solution,
but I'm absolutely POSITIVE that it was the first thing I tried, and
I couldn't get it to work. But now it works perfectly. Maybe I forgot
to push/pop some regs the first time or something. Anyway, thanks!

>Don't know the timings of _GRBUFCPY_V, but I do know that with ionFastCopy
>(much faster) I had a framerate of about 144 (while plotting new sprites in
>between).

Wow, that is great! With that fastcopy routine I got what appear as at
least double the framrate of GRBUFCPY! Guess I need to start
implementing some delays here and there to get things down to
reasonable speed again.. :)
One thing I noticed is that at first I had some strange graphics bugs,
graphics flickering at places it shouldn't be, but when I uncommented
the 'di' line (I'm guessing Disable Interrupts?) it worked fine. Is it
common practice to disable interrupts in your program, or is there a
reason that I would want to have it enabled?

/Andreas