[A83] Re: Conditional bcall()ing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 15:42 2001-10-29, you wrote:
>Yes, that's right, just a small correction:
>You can't write "jr nz,3" nor "jr 3" if you are going to compile with TASM
>because TASM will then look for a label called "3".
>That's why you must use operator $ ("jr nz,$+5" in our example) when
>assembling with TASM.
>If you are going to assemble by hand then you could write hex: 2003)

Not true, labels can't start with a number so TASM knows this is not a
label, but a number.
But my statement wasn't true either I just found out.
you _can_ write "jr 3"  but it will assemble to "1801" and not "1803", so
tasm assumes you count from the current instruction even with this format,
so you have to write "jr 5" even with this.
Messy :)

///Olle