[A83] Re: Conditional bcall()ing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Conditional bcall()ing

> Van: Emir Sakic <saka@hotmail.com>
>
> >Well, if I remember well (been on holiday...) I first checked it... But
> >could also be that I only looked the (assembled) hex-format. Two's
> >complement of 5 is 3...
> >
> >	Henk Poley <><
>
> Yeah, well $ has nothing to do with assembled hex data.
> It's TASM operator. $ assembles here to FE or -2. $+5 will be
> assembled to 3.
> Anyway this was already explained by Olle.

I understand what you try to say... But... It does matters, since the
hexadecimal 'relativeness' in a JR is a two's complement of the number of
bytes to jump from the start of the JR instruction. At least that's what
I've understood, never figured why they called it a 'complement' (since it
doesn't do things like 'XOR and such', it only substracts 2).

	Henk Poley <><