[A83] Re: OT: Clock with resistor and capacitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: OT: Clock with resistor and capacitor

Here is what I learned in school about RC-circuit's

If you want to know the voltage in the capacitor you can use this formula:

   Uc = U max * (1-e`(t/tau)  (That's minus time divided by tau)

If you want to put this in your calc as a function, you'd have to do this:
(for example say R = 10 ohm C = 2.5e`6 F  Umax = 8 volt)

1 tau = R * C
      = 10 * 2.5e`6   (minus 6)
      = 1.25 e`5
    function becomes :   Y = 8 * (1-e``(X/2.5e`5)

You'd see that it graphs with a e-power.

Remember that it is said that after 5 tau the capacitor is full
Which would come down to
5*2.5e`5 = 1.25e`4

Type this in as Xmax and 8 as Ymax, and you should get a nice graph ;)
(Xmin = Ymin = 0)

This formula relates to when the capacitor is being loaded, when being
"unloaded" the 1- is being removed from the formula.

Hope this helps you