[A83] Re: OT: Clock with resistor and capacitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:01 PM 10/9/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>A few posts ago, someone mentioned that the clock frequency in the
>TI-83(+) was done with a resistor and a capacitor.
>Can someone give me more info about it, since I need to have a simple
>clock generator for a (+5V DC) cirquit I'm making.

For a clock, a capacitor will fire on a predictable interval.  There is a
formula by which you can take capacitor value and voltage (an perhaps
amperage) and get a clock frequency.  The resistor is just there to fix the
formula to the right clock given the other parts of the circuit.  If you
need help with electronics stuff, there are a number of good web sites, or
the TI-H list.