[A83] Re: Ideas.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ideas.

Good luck there :)  I looked at that already.  It uses all the MFC classes.
It'd be easier to start from scratch using STL containers.

What TASM specific features are needed?  I see a lot of junk like ".nolist"
in sources, but I don't think that is really needed.  Can all that crap just
be ignored?  It seems to me that everything Assembly Studio 8x does is fine.

I'd also like local labels.  The method I used in gbasm, my gameboy
assembler, was to have all labels starting with @ be local.  Local labels
aren't special.  They are essentially macros:

Stuff:
@foo:
Blah:

The label "foo" only has scope after "Stuff" and before "Blah".  A couple
questions come up with this approach.  How do you access a label from
outside the block, and how do you use it within macros.  My suggestion is to
merely expand the character, so that the label would become "Stufffoo".  You
never need labels, so in macros, simply use the $+x syntax.

> I'd start at z80asm (found in the z88dk) or asxxxx (found in SDCC), you
> could also try to port the TASM compatible assembler of Asm Studio 8x.

Follow-Ups: References: