[A83] Re: Motorola 68k vs. Zilog z80

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 17:49 2001-11-18, you wrote:
>Now I have "found" a rom from the Ti-89(which is 100
>times better then the Ti-83-), I wonder what the major differences between
>the processors are.

Heh. I think it would be faster to list the similarities.
There is very few. the 68k is a 16/32 bit processor (32 bit registers and
operations, but only 16 bit databus)
while the z80 is 8 bit. The 68k has a lot more registers, and a lot more
advanced adressing modes, and more instructions, which execute faster.
The standard asm is very different too, among other things the destination
and source are switched.
so ld a,$10 becomes move.b $10,d0...

You can get the Programmers Manual for the 68000 from my site:
http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/
and compare yourself.

///Olle