[A83] Re: Quick quistion about djnz

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Quick quistion about djnz

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Teune" <rtwolf@gmx.net>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 2:15 PM
Subject: [A83] Re: Quick quistion about djnz

> >>with(well,
> >>are
> that
> >
> >hmmmm, everybody gets it the wrong way. I mean the transfer
> >of the instruction from 9327h to the istruction register,
> >if there is such a register. And where the instruction
> >is decoded.
>
> Why do you have to transfer it? It's just a byte, and probably points to a
> location in the z80 or something

Well I'm not sure how exactly it works.. but I think it works kind of like a
multiplexer/demultiplexer + a bunch of State holders ....

the chip sets certain 'lines'(as Ronald Teune said) high (logic 1) which
tells what memory address to be at... the byte is just stored as open or
closed gates (logic) and therefore the transfer from that depends only on
the speed of electricity, and the time it takes the CPU to switch to the
next memory address if it's a two byte opcode... and as far as I know it
pretty fast.... enought to be faster that the individual transistors (that
make up logic gate) can switch state :) which make the whole thing...
work... :)

uhm... the last part seems a little confusing but I can understand it.. so
maybe you can too (come on ... just a little effort)...

-Nicolas Gilles