[A83] Re: Storage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Storage

> Van: Peter-Martijn Kuipers <hyper@hysoft-automation.com>
>
> > Is it that difficult to let a program start at an address that comes
> > after 9327h? I've never thought of it.
>
> It's not hard to create a program that starts at that address, it's hard
> placing the program at that address.....
>
> Not that it couldn't be done, but you'd need another (.org 9327) program
> to put it there.

Even creating such a program/file is not really necesairy. Under SOS the
program-data was just moved to $9327, and moved back afterwards. BTW: VAT
pointers didn't make sense for SOS programs (ah well, it's possible to
calculate where everything was moved to). You can -off coarse- use any
adress, as long you don't overwrite TIOS data structures. For example, Ion
modules execute in one of the graphics buffers, that's why the may not
exceed the sice limit of 768 bytes.

Another possibility is to allocate (_insertmem) xx bytes, and set the
usermemoffset according to it. When returing to to the TIOS it will be
removed automagicaly.

	Henk Poley <><