[A83] Re: Special ram area

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Special ram area

>AFAIK,
>it puts the first app at page 15 (15 and 14 if 2 page app), the 2nd at 14,
>3rd at 13 etc...

Checking... Yes, indeed, the first is at 15 and the 2nd at 14. Why don't
automated GarbageCollects before receiving an app clear up 'app' pages? I
had >32768 bytes free, and two apps, but there was an 'error memory'. Or is
this solved in OS1.10+? That would be a reason to step-over.

>> I wonder if the calculator keeps a pointer that points to the next free
>> location to write to flash.  By screwing with these pointers, perhaps it
>> would be possible to write programs into the unused flash space which the
>> app greedily takes up if it is less than 16k.  Then after installing this
>> program into the flash app, change the pointers back.  Perhaps this could
>> be a method for installing a font set or maybe TI just does an iterative
>> search for the next available place every time you attempt to archive
>> something.
>> Brandon Sterner

>> > They cant' be made app's, but maybe they can be made into your app....
>> > Explanation:
>> > What I mean is that you could have a font description like this:
>> > .db "FONT" ; or anything that identifies this as a font, must be the
same for
>> >    ; all fonts
>> > .db "name" ; fixed_length name
>> > ...font data...
>> > .db "END_FONT" ; or whatever constant you want to identify the end...
>> >
>> > you could make a program or script that takes the font data, and put's
it into your app at the end, then sign it, ready to be put onto the calc...