[A83] Re: Special ram areas?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Special ram areas?

> Enough room for fonts...
> Well, I actually *have* to do it, because I want to use hooks. But I want to
> have external fonts, which can't be made applications. Hehehe, yes it is
> possible, but it will be of no use then...

They cant' be made app's, but maybe they can be made into your app....
Explanation:
What I mean is that you could have a font description like this:
.db "FONT" ; or anything that identifies this as a font, must be the same for
	   ; all fonts
.db "name" ; fixed_length name
...font data...
.db "END_FONT" ; or whatever constant you want to identify the end...

you could make a program or script that takes the font data, and put's it into your app at the end, then sign it, ready to be put onto the calc...
Another script/program might be able to remove specific fonts. an then re-sign
it.

In your app, you'd need to put a label at the end, and let a routine search for
fonts from that label on...
If the first thing after that label isn't the start_font constant, there are
no external fonts...

Only problem with this is that you'd need to re-install the flash app every
time you add a new font.
A good thing is that the user can use the "free" space in the app for fonts,
instead of letting it go to waste.

--Peter-Martijn

> --
>     Ronald Teune @School
>     http://www.zeekoe.cjb.net
>     http://ti.zeekoe.cjb.net
>     Anything that's good&useful is made of chocolats
>
> Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

Follow-Ups: References: