[A83] Re: Special ram areas?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Special ram areas?

> Van: Ronald Teune <RTWolf@gmx.net>
>
> > If you archive the file, wouldn't that guarantee that it is always in
the
> > same place?
> > I am not sure about the 83+ architechture, but I am fairly sure that
this
> > would be the case on a ti89 wich has no bank switching or stuff like
that.
> > Maybe a bit cumbersome to demand that the font file is archived though,
> > but could at least be a recommendation in the readme.
>
> But how do I know on *which* location it is?

Isn't there a routine for looking up the adresses in Flash?

BTW: I'm having the same problems with the file routines I've worked on
(and hope to continue on sometime). You really can't be shure where a file
is in memory, unless you control everything (_insertmem, _deletemem, etc).

> I need a pointer somewhere on a static ram area for that. But where?!

Small routines can be placed on the stack, variables also, but probably you
would want to use some of the 'gaps' in memory (or use writeback). Some
places in RAM are almost(...) never used.

	Henk Poley <><