[A83] Re: linkport

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: linkport

trying to get a real sound out of the ti83's hard =P I've been trying to
figure this out for a while now.

Here's what I know. You must out put the sound based on the Amplitude
Modulation (AM).
Special thanks too CrASH_Man and Jeff M. for this info. (Author of CrASH)

Since I'm not too familiar with these stuff its taking me longer then I
thought.

Here's a source that might help some people out there that is tring to make
some progress on the sound

;-------------START
.include mult83.inc        ;Don't worry about what this is =P It has all the
basic things you need for ti83 (Not ti83+)

DISP_HL     = $4709
CURS_UP     = $4775

        ;Start of ION
        RET
 JR   NC, init_play_sound
        .DB  "Play Sound v0.1",0

init_play_sound:
   LD   C, $D0
   LD   A, C
   OUT  (0), A          ;Set the Link Port
   LD   L, 0

loop1_init_play_sound:
   PUSH HL
   CALL CURS_UP
   LD   H, 0

   CALL DISP_HL
   POP  HL

   LD   A, L
   CALL play_sound
;keyinput get all key input here
;
   LD   A, $FF
   OUT  (1), A
   LD   A, $FE
   OUT  (1), A
   IN   A, (1)
   BIT  2, A
   JR   Z, _K_RIGHT       ;Update the sound information
   BIT  1, A
   JR   Z, _K_LEFT

   LD   A, $FF
   OUT  (1), A
   LD   A, %11111101
   OUT  (1), A
   IN   A, (1)
   BIT  6, A                    ;Clear Button
   JR   NZ, loop1_init_play_sound

   LD   A, $D0
   OUT  (0), A
   EI
   RET

_K_RIGHT:
   INC  L
   JR   loop1_init_play_sound

_K_LEFT:
   DEC  L
   JR   loop1_init_play_sound

play_sound:
   OR   A
   JR   Z, play_sound_skip

_loop_play_sound:
   PUSH HL                  ;Set interval between each write
   POP  HL

   DEC  A
   JR   NZ, _loop_play_sound

play_sound_skip:
   LD   A, C                ;Load A with what ever B used to be
   XOR  %00000010           ;XOR it %00000011 (Alternate these two bit)
   ;%00000010 if you alternate this bit it will controll the right sound
   ;%00000001 if you alternate this bit it will controll the left sound
   LD   C, A                ;Save it in C
   OUT  (0), A              ;Write to port
   RET