[A83] Re: just two simple questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: just two simple questions

> 1. I know that with the romcall "_Formerealtok" or "_formreal" I can
convert
> a floating point number to a string, but I haven't been able to find a
> romcall  or any other way to turn this operation around, so instaed of
making
> a string out of a floating point number, I want to make a floating point
> number out of a string. Please help.

There were at least a couple routines written for the 86 that do this.  Look
in the source directory on ticalc.org.  The code should work just the same
on the 83.

> 2. I am a frequent user of SOS and Ashell, because the programms I create
are
> always rather large. But I recently came upon a program with its own
loader
> that must have done the same as one of those shells, because the programm
was
> too large for zasmload. I am really interrested in creating a loader like
> that myself. Please help.

What program was it?  Why don't you check out the source for that program,
or dissassemble it and find out how it does it?  Or just use a shell.
Unless your program is the only one on the calc, there isn't much point in
having the code duplicated in every program.