[A83] Re: Ambivalent Ion programs [83/83+] ADDED in P.P.S., Ambivalent

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ambivalent Ion programs [83/83+] ADDED in P.P.S., Ambivalent Miragos Programs

> Van: Hyperbyte <central@hyperfield.com>
>
> Besides, I'm not expecting everyone to do this trick, I'm not even
expecting
> myself to do this trick.
>
> It's just a nice trick to "impress your friends", or help out your (err,
my)
> stupid classmates, who come into contact with shells for the first time,
> after a year or two running programs from TIOS.

Yes, I know what you mean, there are sole 2(!) shells (compatibles not
counted) on the Ti-83, but people seems to be to *dumb* to understand that
an Ion program won't execute from under SOS (and vice versa). Maybe this is
because MICROS~1 brainwashed every normal user to believe that there is ony
one standard to programs on a certain machine.

Learning them that asm programs are different then BASIC, took me 2-3
months. In this case I maybe be blessed that we dont have the Ti-83+
(Flash-program :-B??? Ahhh....)

Maybe there are still some people around at my school who don't know. I
recently found someone with the original(!) batteries, while we now have
the thing for more than 1.5 year. Well, such people don't even want/need to
know what a shell is, so never mind.

Anyways, I now know someone who has a 83+, so here goes some stupid
question for an assembly list:
"Can you execute BASIC programs from Flash (without (un)archiving them
manualy)???"

	Henk Poley