[A83] Re: Map question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Map question

Ok, i'm gonna use my routine(it's actually 13 clock cycles faster ^_^), now
the next choice i'm deciding on is, Should i use a slow multiplication
routine to find out where the end of the door data is(6 bytes per door(all of
the map data is clumped together, exsept for tiles so i can reuse them of
course(it includes a pointer to the tiles))) or should i increase the byte
total to 8(for an posible expansions sure(like maybe a key....well maybe i
will just increment the value, but anyways))? I am only going to have to find
this value out 1 time...well maybe i'll just do that...
uh...guess there isn't much else to ask right now...maybe i'll ask again
later ^_^
(current tile loader:
    ld hl,Tilestouse
    sla a
    sla a
    sla a       ;a=a*8;
    ld (de),a
    add hl,de   ;tileloc = begintile + tilereq*8;
    push hl     ;I stoped counting at the line above this because it would
probably
    pop ix      ;be the same code for both, but if anyone can optimise this,
i would
    ld b,8      ;love to hear about it
    ld a,(tilex)
    ld l,(tiley)