[A83] Re: Thanks to All Who Helped Me

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Thanks to All Who Helped Me

In a message dated 3/12/2001 1:26:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
central@hyperfield.com writes:

> >  I can't think of a single
> > reason why anybody would need to develop pure ASM except to write a shell.
>
> I can:
>
> Suppose: you have really dumb classmates who barely can figure out how to
> run a
> basic program, and you want to program a utility of game for them... I'll
> use
> regular 83+ Asm when doing so... (Ofcourse, you could spend 80 hours trying
> learn using a shell to them) (Really, it happens sometimes. Last year I
> exchanged regular 83 programs with Ion programs on a few of my classmates
> calcs. I had to listen to them blaming me for erasing all of their games for
> weeks...)

Then are they going to be able to figure out how to use Send(9 and all that
crap?  I seriously doubt it.  Running prgmA isn't difficult for anybody I've
encountered...

> 2nd reason:
> you're programming a program that will be a flash app (just try doing that
> when
> calling shell routines like fastcopy :-)

That's not exactly "pure" ASM, since it's executed in ROM so it can't use
rewriteable code and such.  It's totally different from regular TI-OS
programs, which is what the original questions were for.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://jonah.ticalc.org