[A83] Re: Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Linux

Well, when i was typing it, I was considering if it was a direct copy without
changing much code, and yes i realise that we can only get 2 colors(black and
white)(maybe 3 if you use some code(there are some games)) But, even without
the code, how would we write over the tios?
even if we did shrink down the size to 2 colors, change some code, again we
run into the problem of, "Why?" I mean, if you wanted to play a dos
game(again why? ^_^) you could only do it in 2 colors, and even then, the
code would be so different(cause it's not made for a z80 proc) that we would
need to make an emulator just to run the code.
Now if we were to just simulate dos, we *might* be able to do that, but again
we run into more problems.  Such as, directories, how do we say which file
goes in which directory? unless I'm mistaken(which I can be) even a 16 bit
FAT(which I think we would use) would take up alot of memory...well it could,
cause most people won't have the max number of programs on there calculator.
But, in any case, I'm not trying to reduce the idea, it sound great...I'm
just pointing out some problems we might have with it.

Also, how do we send the programs over? ^_^ wouldn't someone have to make a
program to send it over? ^_^ oh well, just some thoughts