[A83] Re: Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Linux

OK, heres a question, after installing Linux/Dos, would the calc have any
memory after the install to be able to use it? and besides that, we would
have to worry about the graphics modes? lets just think about this,8 bits per
pixel, 64000 pixels(320x200) that comes out to be...512000 bits! now, I'm not
sure if the ti's have enough ram to just hold the current amount of data for
that, none the less have the pointer specs. If i'm not mistaken, TI would
have to upgrade the ram, just to hold it, and that means that it then moves
the pointer out of range(the ram would go past 0xFFFF) and if they did raise
the max, how would it access the extra ram?(after all the max any combo of
registers can go is 0xFFFF if i'm not mistaken)

I'm sure this also goes for Linux, though i'm not sure.
Well anyways, thats my bit of wisdom when it comes to dos oh well.