[A83] Re: A programming question for a change :-)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:05 AM 6/26/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>Okay,
>I'm thinking about adding a compressed e-book reader to Nifty,
>but I'm not sure how I should do it, I have a few different ideas:
>
>Compression: Huffman
>
>-Compress every page on itself, and put all those compressed pages in a file
>  (Low Compression)
>
>-Compress about 3-5 pages each time, and decompress into a (temporary)
>  appvar for reading.
>

>Any other insights?

compress the book via huffman.  use an executable program on your PC to
generate the appvars that contain the compressed data.  Decompress one
(current) page at a time into a temporary buffer (apd).  thats how i would
do it.

Follow-Ups: References: