[A83] Re: Turn a piece of screen black

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Turn a piece of screen black

> >Somebody knows how to turn a piece of screen black
> >with PLOTSSCREEN? This could be a stupid question,
> >but i'm a beginner.
> >If you know an other way that's also fine...
>
> Copied from Hyperbyte's nifty (I hope you don't mind):

Why would I mind, I released the source ;-)

> #define pxl_do(xxxx,yyyy) ld b,xxxx \ ld c,yyyy \ bcall(_ipoint)
>
> pxl_do(94,2)
>
> Other code snip:
>
> >        cp 015h         ; AppVars, I presume
>
> That's right
>
> >        jp z,skip
>
> jr is 1 byte smaller than jp and can be used in small forward jumps

Well, I must say, I never understood the fuzz about 1 byte more or less,
personally, I've never been short on 1 byte of memory :-)
I care more for code readability, but I still have much to learn in that
direction. :-)

Besides, I've got 16 k to fill :-)
I'll probably put in some texts about mathematics, an easter egg, and a
Huffman compressed e-text reader.
Any more ideas?

--Peter Martijn
PS/1
Would there be great disadvantages to using appvars for temporal storage? --
 How do I check for available memory?

PS/2
(I do understand that replacing 500 jp's with jr's does matter!)