[A83] Re: Distance RAM clearer :-)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Distance RAM clearer :-)

>> >We could do some more useful things with this routine :-)
>> >
>> >Let's summarize:
>> >We have 2 input signals.
>> >So we have 2^2 = 4 bit simple input from the linkport
>>
>> red white
>> 1     0
>> 1     1
>> 0     1
>> 0     0
>>
>> >Plus 2 1-signal inputs = 6 signals
>>
>> How do you get that extra signals?
>
>R - Red
>W - White
>0 - Zilch/Nothing
>
>Tn - Timeindex n
>
>  T1 T2
>1 R  R
>2 R  W
>3 R  0
>4 W  R
>5 W  W
>6 W  0
>
>This is the way if the routine is triggered by R = high or W = high

Ah. I get it.

><snip>
>
>> >now to find some use for that :-)
>> >Perhaps some base-6 Pin code :-)
>>
>> That needs timing and such, so you need extra hardware, right?
>
>Right :-)
>But, best thing would be if it was kept ASAP (As Simple As Possible)
>
>> >Or, some sensor-info, does someone know how to do short delays
>> >between two signals, such as [signal1 - short delay - signal2], when
>> >you press 1 button?
>> >A simple way, that is. (I already thought of using pulse-counters and
>> >pulse-generators, but it should be much simpler)
>>
>> That's possible, I think, with a clock-pulse routine, where the calc
reads
>> signals only when there's a clock pulse. This also needs extra hardware,
but
>> it's less complicated I think, and the program can be endlessly epanded.
>> Another possibility would be to use out(00),a to acknowledge input.
>
>I don't think the problem is with the calc, A.F.A.I.K if the signal is sent
any time in the delay, it will be picked up.

Yes, but you have to know the time between T1 and T2, and tune the hardware
to it.

In my version:

signal:

 1   0   1   1   0   0
___     _______
   |   |       |
   |___|       |_______

clock:
___     ___     ___
   |   |   |   |   |   |
   |___|   |___|   |___|

(monospaced font, notepad for windows users, YAM / ed for amiga users, emacs
for linux users)

Now you have to read the signal at each change of the clock.
Oh. I was thinking of outputting data, ... well, this can also be used for
inputting data.

>(any corrections?)
>
>But, please elaborate you idea.

I don't know what elaborate means, but I think I just did it.

>--Peter MArtijn

>> >--Peter Martijn Kuipers

IRlink