[A83] Sound

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Sound

I am trying to output sound.  I am using this code for the TI-86:
PlayBlah2:          ;Plays a short Blah
 ld hl,Blah2
 ld c,%111100       ;value to toggle link port values with
 jp PlayIt

PlayBlah1:          ;Plays a long Blah
 ld hl,Blah1
 ld c,%111100       ;value to toggle link port values with
 jp PlayIt

Space:              ;Plays a space(a silent short Blah)
 ld hl,Blah2
 ld c,%000000       ;value to toggle link port values with
 jp PlayIt

;General Sound Algorithm
;Dux Gregis
;Modified by Rgdtad
PlayIt:             ;Plays a sound
 ld ix,main         ;jp (ix) is the fastest way to jp
main:
 ld a,(hl)
 or a
 ret z
 ld e,a
 cpl
 ld d,a             ;near even duration
 ld a,i             ;to prevent background noise, don't use im 2
loop2:
 ld b,e
loop1:
 djnz loop1         ;frequency loop
 xor c
 out (7),a
 dec d
 jp nz,loop2            ;duration loop
 ld i,a
 inc hl
 jp (ix)

and I already have a sound file in this format:
Blah1:              ;zero terminated wav file with a second inside
.db 250,250,250,250,250
.db 250,250,250,250,250
Blah2:              ;zero terminated wav file inside another
.db 250,250,250,250,250
.db 250,250,250,250,250,0

Anyway, how would I go about converting this to 83+ format without needing to
rewrite my whole prog?