[A83] BLOD (Was: Re: Re: Another Official Statment from the Hays Corpo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] BLOD (Was: Re: Re: Another Official Statment from the Hays Corporation)

At 11:44 2001-06-05, you wrote:
>Is there an official or unofficial way to do that?
>Does it harm my calc?
>What *is* this phenomenon?
>I once did it by altering Subhunt with calcsys.
>It cleared my ram.

As I said in an earlier mail, you set the LCD driver in testmode. this is
done by outputting a value between $18 and $1F to port $10

like this:

     ld   a,18h
     out  (10h),a      ; Write command to port

What happened for you is you changed something, either a jump or some
instructions so this instructions was run.
Setting the LCD to test mode alone, does _not_ clear the ram, it only
affects the LCD. But if it happens while a crash, it is very probable that
something else also went wrong.
If the program that does this switch to test mode has no support for going
out of it, then you'll have to reset the calc too.

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: