[A83] Re: Here we go again BLODs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Here we go again BLODs

At 14:08 2001-06-05, you wrote:
>BLOD = Blue Line Of Death
>I thought most people here would have heard of that, it was a pretty in-depth
>discussion.

Oh. Like I said, write out the abbrevation, and everything becomes so much
clearer :)
In my head theese BLODs had been sorted into a interesting sideeffect of
the lcd, and nothing useful. Thats why I didn't make the connection BLOD ->
Blue Line Of Death, because the topic was serious. Thought it was some
programming tech.
Anyway. Sounds tricky to control the BLODs that well. As we all probably
know by now, they appear when you set the LCD in "test mode". The only info
Toshiba (the maker of the LCD driver chip) gives on this command is "This
command selects the test mode. Do not use this command." Then one line
appears. There is no simple way (like writing a certain value) to control
where on the LCD the BLOD appear.
There might though (this is just my guessing) be possible to control it by
timeing it with the LCD in some way.
Do several calls to this testmode, with exact timeings, filling the screen.
_maybe_ possible. I don't have a 83 so I can't test.
Has anyone been able to fill the screen with BLODs? Sounds awfully tricky
to me.
The only things I have seen that might be mistaken for this is setting the
contrast really high.

///Olle
(pdf with tech info about the LCD driver chip from Toshiba can, as always,
be found on my site. here:
http://alh.dhs.org/ftp/calculator/ti83/tech/t6a04.pdf )

Follow-Ups: References: