[A83] Function Comparison

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Function Comparison

I have a problem I've been thinking about for weeks and I still have
no good clues as to how to solve it. Is there any way to see if two
functions are equal? (y1=y2, for example). I've tried several methods
but none are truly accurate. If you type Y1=Y2 the calc returns 0 or
1, but it uses the value stored in x to evaluate the functions. I've
written small BASIC programs to check individual points, but this
won't work for all functions (i.e. Sqrt(-x) and Sqrt(x)). Also, what
about rational functions? (i.e. (x^2-3)/x) If anyone can think of a
good way to do this either in asm or basic please let me know!!!
Thanks a lot!
-Tom
caffeine43@netzero.net on 06/04/2001