[A83] Re: Faster Multiplication

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Faster Multiplication

>> Rotating in that manner is not feasible for 3D programs. Your rotation math
>> is not accurate enough and after a while the numbers will degenerate and
>> make the picture look funny. You have to store the X Y and Z rotation for
>> all objects and rotate them those amounts each frame.

If you overwrite your original coordinates, yes, those ormulas will drift
all of the values twords 0 (on the 8086 floating-points system, I haven't
tried it on a TI) If, however, you perform the rotation and store the
values as rotated points, overwriting these rotated points with rotations
on the original values, then there is no problem.